Small Hands in the Big World

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Birthday Grammy

"When I count my blessings, I count you twice."
                                              ~Irish Proverb
If you have Mother-In-Law “issues” then stop reading right now. You will be so horribly annoyed by what an amazing Mom-In-Law I scored when I married Rob that you’ll hate me for gushing about her.
She is reliable, eager to help, never pushy, and exceptionally respectful of my and Rob’s parenting. Ever since the kids were bottle trained, she has kept a weekly morning “date” with the kids at her place to forge a wonderful bond with each of them. And she is always so incredibly kind, telling me what a great job I’m doing with the kids, reminding me that motherhood isn’t an easy job so it’s no wonder I get tired, and more compassionate feedback that moms rarely get since performance reviews aren’t part of the job description.
Tomorrow is her birthday and to you dear Ellen, dear Grammy, dear friend, I say THANK YOU for all the love and support you give to our family. We love you.
The kids and I are taking her out for a little birthday breakfast tomorrow morning and naturally, all of the plans for homemade cards and gifts didn’t come to fruition.  However, in a fleeting moment of creative clarity, I thought of photographing “Kid Letters” to spell "WE LOVE YOU xoxoxo."  My 5-year-old William actually got really excited about it. Some letters were easier than others but with a little trimming and faith that Grammy will love anything involving her grandkids, it should turn out fine. Here is what we have so far (thank you, pool noodles, not just for people with pools):




My brilliant boy thought of this banner idea--perfect since I didn't have any nice papger large enough for the letters!

After our breakfast with Grammy.
Guess I'm extra lucky that we got some smiling photos of William since his preference is now to just be silly!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...